Wednesday 1 May 2013

Spinning wheel happiness!

I have been away for a few days with my partner and his family to Kings Lynn on the East coast. We had a great time, and the weather was really good. It is why I haven't blogged for a bit though as I have been recovering from the holiday. You tend to over-do things to keep up with the holiday spirit, but you do pay for it later sadly.

But that is not what I want to write about today. I have a spinning wheel!!!



I am so excited about starting to spin using a wheel, but am having to be patient because it needs new bobbins. I have found a man in a shed in Wales who makes them and am sending one off as a template so that is no problem. And would you believe that this wonderful machine, in almost perfect working order (apart from the broken bobbins, and the metal crank which is slipping and needs welding at our local garage), cost me just £30!!!!!!!! Are you jealous? Apparently there are bargain's to be had in antique shops still. I have replaced all the cords and given it a good clean. My partner is going to take it to the garage to get it spot welded tomorrow if he has time. Though he does want me to go with him so the mechanics don't laugh at him! Then it's just waiting for the new bobbins. It's really hard having a new toy and not being able to play with it!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, just found you, what a lovely spinning wheel and such a bargain, bet you can't wait to get started. I too have fibro and ME and can relate to so many things that you have written about. Hope you are feeling a little better. take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chrissie, I have sent off one of the broken bobbins today to get replacements so shouldn't be too long now brfore I can get started. I'm glad you like the blog, and hope your fibro and ME are not too bad. I am having a good week so far. I hope I can keep it like this for a while but I am terrible at pacing, and the good weather is encouraging me to be naughty!
      Take care, Tora x

      Delete